Saturday 11 December 2010

NaNoWriteOff

*sigh* I admit defeat.

Though I've "won" three years in a row, this year, I quit after a week... it's kinda sad, but I felt it was a necessary decision.

After a week of the usual noveling, I realised I had so many other commitments this year that one more was really piling on the stress a bit too thick. I weighed up whether or not I needed to complete this one time - and decided I didn't need to prove to myself that I *could* finish a novel as I've done it three times already.

So, for the first time since I discovered the wondrous new world of NaNoWriMo, I failed to finish.

I'm sad about it because this year I actually had a full plot. Most years I just began with an idea and a few characters... It was a Romance (I try a new genre every year) - which lent itself to easy plotting... but I realised a week in, that I just wasn't satisfied with that, and had already begun to add action/adventure elements (the hero was captured by desert pirates... leading to a chase...).

In any case - it'll be there, waiting for me in January - when hopefully I'll dig up a bit more spare time.

No comments: