Friday 10 August 2012

Link: 10 things i hate about git

The more I use git, the more I miss subversion... my own head-slapping confusion atm comes from it's inability to do what I would consider quite a simple merge.

Exactly why does it create a merge-conflict for something like this:

class Widget < ActiveRecord::Base
  has_many :wodget
  belongs_to :product_image
<<<<<<< HEAD

  def to_s
    name
  end

=======
>>>>>>> master
end

Or even worse:

class Wodget < ActiveRecord::Base
  set_table_name :some_table_item
  
  has_many :invoice_items
  has_many :comments

<<<<<<< HEAD
  
     
  
  
=======
>>>>>>> master
end

I mean, really?

So in frustration, I typed "why is git so stupid" into the google bar (as you do), and came across this lovely link to 10 things I hate about git which resonates perfectly with my current mood.

Go have a look - they're all excellent reasons.

I'm sure git has many wonderful qualities, but right now, I'm not feeling the love.

No comments: